Premium Gold® Gluten Free Flax & Oats Bread Maker Sandwich Bread
Makes 10-12 servings.
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
1 stick or ½ cup softened sweet cream butter or 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. oil
2 egg yolks and 1 whole egg
1¾ cup milk of choice
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juiceStep 2:
In large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
2 cups Premium Gold® Gluten Free Flax & Ancient Grains All-Purpose Flour
¾ cup gluten free oats, finely ground (or garbanzo, sorghum, millet, or teff flour)
½ cup potato or tapioca starch
2 Tbsp. powdered buttermilk or non-fat dry milk or non-dairy creamer
1 ½ tsp. fine sea salt
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
Place in small bowl.
2 tsp. dry quick yeast
1. Place liquid ingredients in bread pan.
2. Place dry ingredients next.
3. Make a shallow pocket in the flour.
4. Place dry yeast in pocket.
1. Set bread maker to gluten free setting.
2. Set to color of bread light or dark.
3. Set size of loaf to 1 ½ lb.
1. After first bread machine blend cycle, pause the machine, lift lid, push batter sides down with spatula and lightly blend.
2. Close lid and continue cycle until complete.
Recipe created by: Debbie Kay
Baking note: This recipe is specific to the Gluten Free setting on breadmakers.
If you do not have that option on your bread maker, please adjust recipe to the following:
1. Remove dough from bread maker after the first mixing cycle.
2. Place in oiled or greased baking pan in a warm area over 80 degrees F, (or on top of warm oven), oil hands place dough in loaf pan and use spatula to level out.
3. Spritz top of dough with oil, cover with two doubled cotton dish towels, and let rise for 40 minutes. Bake in pre-heated 350°F oven for 55-65 minutes.
4. If you bake at a higher temperature, add a tinfoil tent after the first 40 minutes of baking so the bread does not get too dark.